Thursday, January 14, 2010

Happy Creative New Year

Hello all you groovers and groovettes!

Welcome, welcome, welcome to 2010!!

I am VERY happy to be here, and to be living my life and enjoying all the wonderful experiences that make up each moment.
And yeah...I actually mean that! :-)

LET'S GET PERSONAL

So, what I thought I'd do is share a little about CTT-Creative Thinking Technology. I never want to be starchy and formal-just wouldn't be me. Creative and colourful are more my way, and dangerously transparent. I believe in integrity and excellence, but this blog will likely be quite personal in content at times, so be warned.

In the same way, that I am my favourite guinea pig, and I test all my theories out on myself, so I also use a lot of illustration from my own life. This is what gives me authentic power to speak about the content I share. I live it! And where I've not perfected the practice of it, I will be always committed to doing that.

I'll make mistakes, like everyone does, but I will learn from them, and I'll make an example of myself that way too. So...please, be gracious. :-)



CREATIVITY VERSUS ARTISTIC

As the video states, creativity and artistic are not the same, although these two terms are commonly used almost interchangeably. Most dictionaries agree that for something to be creative it should be "novel and of value in meeting a situational need". I can think of lots of artistic things that are not 'novel' in the sense of innovative, nor considered all that valuable.

In fact, the value of an artwork is VERY subjective. Value in anything for that matter is all about perception-but I'm getting ahead of myself!

I LOVE the Arts, practice in several different fields of the Arts, and even love blurring the boundaries between in very clever ways ( a conceptual artist), but it is true that a painting can be done mechanically, with little to no creativity, just like a piano recital can be dry and unmoving.

It is the same of any discipline. Science, mathematics, literature, music, dance...all of them. The discipline is for helping us to understand the principals of the subject, master the tools needed, and learn to wield all with skill, but having done that, it's time to EXPLORE EXPRESSION. We learn our 'ABCs', in hope that we will learn to communicate and comprehend through words-express our ideas, and enjoy being stimulated by the thoughts and ideas of others.

My point: any subject can be dull and boring, and any subject can be fascinating and adventurous! A creative outlook will turn everything into an epic journey of joyful discovery.

AWAKEN, AROUSE AND ANIMATE

NOTHING LIGHTS OUR FIRE LIKE FASCINATION.It awakens us.
Desire ignites us with a wondrous sense of invigorating energy. We are aroused. We feel ALIVE.
Creativity uses ideas to awaken passion, and passion is our life blood, spurring us on to be animated and take action toward our dreams.

THE NECESSITY OF CREATIVITY

When creative exploration and expression are stilted or squelched, so much of the psyche gets buried. Sometimes, never to productively surface again in that life. This breaks my heart.

We so NEED our dreams. We need to know we can attain them, or at least be free to pursue them. They are our freedom.

A person on fire with the passion of their desire for authentic freedom is irresistably beautiful and attractive. Such healthy pursuits will draw out our best from core, stretch us in every way, and expand us into who we truly are...powerful and heroic co-creators.

The practice of creativity keeps our hearts and minds open to these possibilities, gives us courage in the face of fear, and will even show us how to be intentional Master Designers of our lives.

Come, journey with me awhile, and I'll remind you of your greatness, and show you how to reconnect with it on purpose. Creative Thinking Technology ( CTT) is for those who want to TRULY live abundantly.

2010
Get ready for the ride of your life!




2 comments:

  1. It's a good thing we don't live in Haiti right about now...otherwise I don't believe we would be saying that "Life is Good"

    ReplyDelete