Tuesday, November 17, 2009

For Me-It's Got To Be Designer!

GOD!! I love this time of year...not even 7:30 a.m. and I've been up for almost 3 hours living a full morning!! dawn comes early here now...YAY!!!

SO...TO CATCH YOU ALL UP...

Here's how my calendar started...
I was doing stuff I didn't wanna be doing, and wondering why I was so willing to do that, over choosing my won designer Path...I was choosing familiar discomforts of financial difficulty (after flourishing so well earlier). I wanted certain things to ebb, so I could move into my dreams, but still felt all the fears etc. I wasn't making the vibrational connections I needed to , and I was feeling FRUSTRATED. It is in the intermittent blogs thru Sept/Oct.

One day, as I was driving and whinging...I heard the usual "well, what do you WANT?"
I answered "this isn't how I want my life to look." "How do you want it to look?"

Of course, once I get to that point, I'm off and running! It's the same as asking, "well, what would it take to make you feel happy RIGHT now!" And if I'm honest, it's usually attainable, hence the "ALL THINGS ARE MINE!"

I got to my destination and began straight away on the idea of what I wanted my life to look like. I started with a week-at-a-glance deal...but soon turfed it, as I need more space, coz I want LOTS of diversity, and it won't fit into a week!

So, I settled for now, on a month...and began to shape my template.


The idea of the Template, is that it's kind of
generic, naming areas of experiences..such as work, family, events, holidays, activities...
I felt like I'd become so absorbed in preoccupying over getting business stuff moving, I wasn't taking time to do other things and enjoy people, places and 'parties', so I wanted to restore balance to my life.

The next stage was starting to shape how these things might look. Which aspect of my work:singing, drawing, workshops, writing/written merchandise, recording/recorded merchandise, video-ing,business gatherings etc. What kind of outings...hot air balloons, family/friends gatherings...Events: retreats, rainforest walks, Beach BBQ , family dinners...you get the idea. Romantic interludes...haven't got a partner, but I want these things...so they go in! Activities where my family and my lover are altogether and enjoying life with me.


Some things I was SURE of and added, like wanting more Crowne Plaza gigs.
I must resonate easily with that, the next morning, I had FOUR more dates at the Crowne.


I looked at the kinds of workshops I wanted to run...and I began a third version which was my actual life unfolding...by this time, I was seeing stuff that had me SO Buzzy! I stopped midway andmoved to a large sheet of heavier card, gridded it up and got REALLY involved in this new style of specific and intentional "Vision Board Cum Diary/ Calendar"

Wait till you see what happens.... :-)


the Shift-thinking BIG


So, this photo shows where my calendar sat for a couple of weeks..after which it began to dawn on me, what was playing out in my life...WOW!
Don't get me wrong...I've been a Goal Setter, I LOVE to have purpose and direction, and I've had several layers of collaged vision boards and many things. These are life practices for me..this is DIFFERENT And as a writer, have written out, with incredible detail, the life I want, AND I've drawn and SUNG things into being-this is still different. All of these work for me and to quite good degrees as they engage all my concentrated energy in the creative process. Whatever enables you to do that will work. But I still think this way is the BIG KAHUNA.
WHY?? Mainly coz it's DOABLE for everyone and requires no academic or intellectual or artistic skills. You don't really have to strive to think. It's so easy, so natural, so authentic and SO revealing.
And it is PURE CREATIVE POWER

ORGANIC!!! This process will work


So..MY CHALLENGE...

I'll blog again to catch you up on what happened next...that is, this past 10 days.
I'll start an album too, to depict the progressive shots of my calendar. But I plan more than that. This is a MAJOR artwork.

This is a 'month in the life of Lisa'
What I plan to do is use my long mornings to do whole pages that depict each event/activity/experience-SERIOUSLY engage with each element. Scan and print to scale, for adding not only to my month...but my 2010.

Then, I'm living it all out NEXT YEAR. lol watch me!!

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

What I propose to you,and everyone else, is that this apparently LONGWINDED way of doing things is actually the SHORTCUT!! I want to show how valuable and worthwhile doing things this way REALLY is. I want to validate the Arts and the Creative Process as being the tragically overlooked and neglected, yet utterly PERFECT way to hone all the intrinsic and inherent skills to empower people to be ALL they can imagine...whilst expanding their imaginations even further.
This is WHOLE BRAIN creativity that draws the WHOLE BEING into its own beauty-rather than the deformed, distorted version of a contorted soul under pressure and perceived limitations.

So...:-) please come along for the ride. Feel free to be sceptical. :-) It won't bother me a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment